By Claudia L. Johnson,Clara Tuite
- Provides the main entire and up to date array of Austen scholarship
- Functions either as a scholarly reference and as a survey of the main cutting edge speculative advancements within the box of Austen studies
- Engages at size with altering contexts and cultures of reception from the 19th to the twenty-first centuries
Read or Download A Companion to Jane Austen (Blackwell Companions to Literature and Culture) PDF
Similar literary criticism & theory books
The Poetry Toolkit: For Readers and Writers offers scholars with the basic highbrow and sensible instruments essential to learn, comprehend, and write poetry. Explains crucial components of poetry in transparent language and an simply available demeanour deals readers either the services of a longtime student and the insights of a training poet attracts on examples from greater than 1,500 years of English literature
Primo Levi (1919–1987) was once the writer of a wealthy physique of labor, together with memoirs and reflections on Auschwitz, poetry, technological know-how fiction, old fiction and essays. specifically, his lucid and direct debts of his time at Auschwitz, started instantly after liberation in 1945 and sustained till weeks earlier than his suicide in 1987, has made him essentially the most fashionable of all Holocaust writer-survivors and the most effective publications we have now for the interrogation of that bad occasion.
In 1890, the nice Cuban progressive chief José Martí wrote his most renowned poetry, Versos Sencillos, in a small city referred to as Haines Falls within the Catskill Mountains of latest York. honest and extremely own in tone, those verses shape a special autobiographical expression but have world-wide charm.
In Time, annoying, and American Literature, Cindy Weinstein examines canonical American authors who hire more than a few tenses to inform a narrative that has already taken position. This ebook argues that key texts within the archive of yankee literature are inconsistent of their retrospective prestige, ricocheting among previous, current and destiny.
- Close Reading: The Reader
- Marcel Proust in Context (Literature in Context)
- Sexual Politics
- The Cambridge Companion to American Realism and Naturalism: From Howells to London (Cambridge Companions to Literature)
- Life in the Spin Cycle: The Almost Meaningless Search for Truth in Today's American Hype Culture
- The Lyrical Resonance Between Chinese Poets and Painters: The Tradition and Poetics of Tihuashi, Student Edition
Extra resources for A Companion to Jane Austen (Blackwell Companions to Literature and Culture)