By M.A. Ph.D. (Professor) Watts Cedric
Read Online or Download A Preface to Conrad: Second Edition (Preface Books) PDF
Best literary criticism & theory books
The Poetry Toolkit: For Readers and Writers offers scholars with the fundamental highbrow and useful instruments essential to learn, comprehend, and write poetry. Explains an important parts of poetry in transparent language and an simply obtainable demeanour bargains readers either the services of a longtime pupil and the insights of a practising poet attracts on examples from greater than 1,500 years of English literature
Primo Levi (1919–1987) was once the writer of a wealthy physique of labor, together with memoirs and reflections on Auschwitz, poetry, technological know-how fiction, old fiction and essays. particularly, his lucid and direct money owed of his time at Auschwitz, all started instantly after liberation in 1945 and sustained till weeks earlier than his suicide in 1987, has made him essentially the most well-known of all Holocaust writer-survivors and the best publications we now have for the interrogation of that awful occasion.
In 1890, the nice Cuban innovative chief José Martí wrote his most renowned poetry, Versos Sencillos, in a small city referred to as Haines Falls within the Catskill Mountains of recent York. honest and extremely own in tone, those verses shape a different autobiographical expression but have world-wide allure.
In Time, annoying, and American Literature, Cindy Weinstein examines canonical American authors who hire a number of tenses to inform a narrative that has already taken position. This booklet argues that key texts within the archive of yankee literature are inconsistent of their retrospective prestige, ricocheting among prior, current and destiny.
- Caliban in Exile: The Outsider in Caribbean Fiction (Contributions to the Study of World Literature)
- Phenomenal Reading: Essays on Modern and Contemporary Poetics (Modern & Contemporary Poetics)
- Treacherous Subjects: Gender, Culture, and Trans-Vietnamese Feminism (Asian American History & Cultu)
- The Oxford Handbook of Canadian Literature (Oxford Handbooks)
- The Real Negro: The Question of Authenticity in Twentieth-Century African American Literature (Literary Criticism and Cultural Theory)
- The Enigma of V S Naipaul
Additional info for A Preface to Conrad: Second Edition (Preface Books)